Sunday, September 20, 2009

Date Night

Justin asked earlier in the week if he could take me out for a date on Saturday (yesterday). He seems like a nice enough fellow so I agreed he could take me to dinner.

Now I know we're still "newlyweds" or whatever, but being married often leaves "date night" with something to be desired in the form of excitement--the anticipation of him coming to pick you up, flowers-in-hand, finding the perfect outfit, etc. is gone. Now we're together all day prior to, usually working on mundane house stuff and eventually mutually decide we're hungry, get ready, go, come back. Wee.

But yesterday was somehow different. It felt like a real-live date! We went to my fave, Olive Garden. Actually we went to two--the first one had an hour wait, so we called the other one, which had a 25 minute wait, so it was quicker to drive to the other one than sit idle for an hour. How resourceful we are! The salad and pizza were spectacular and the Dr. Pepper was flowing...heavenly. Then we went to the grocery store to buy strawberries so I could have chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert. However our local neighborhood grocer (Hint: rhymes with Shroger) is lacking in the fresh produce department, so we spent a good majority of our time waiting on the manager to come talk to us (this is not a one-time lack of quality--this is at least the 3rd time I've been in there and seen this). When he came over we presented him with a tower o' moldy strawberries that we made. He gave us two packs of non-moldy ones on the house! Dave Ramsey would be proud. Justy's dessert of choice was Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla (which we could afford thanks to the free strawberries. That stuff is expensive!). We also rented "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day." Enjoyable (if you have my taste in movies). The chocolate covered strawberries were DELIGHTFUL. I dipped 9 of them, thinking Justin would eat some, too. He didn't, so I had the most terrible task of eating them all myself. We don't want to be wasteful, now, do we?

All in all, it was a lovely date. I think I may be seeing this Justin fellow again soon...

1 comment:

  1. Haha I laugh out loud every time I think about an awkward 5th grade boy with ringworm all over his face hugging you. I think I also imagine his fingers going in your mouth during the hug too, which makes it even better. I'm sorry, I know it's no laughing matter...but it kind of is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall