Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Much Fun!

It snowed! Those tiny little flurries of snowflakes that make Texans so excited and the people from up North laugh at us for getting so excited! I'm thankful to have a principal who encouraged us to take the kids outside. She even called a fire drill just so they could see it! Then all of the 5th grade teachers took them out when it got heavier, plus I took them all out to recess (which is funny to me because if it weren't snowing, it would have been "too cold" to take them out. But the snow made it okay to go out...?) After we got back in, the kids were riled up and we were all hoping they would have early dismissal, but no such luck. So we read stories with snow themes, then I pulled up one of those burning fireplace videos on the SmartBoard and they all sat in front of it and read their books. It's just the little things like that that they think is so cool and inspires them to focus on their reading (minus those few times they kept pretending to get 'burned' by the fire. Funny the first time. The 14th time? Notsomuch.)

Now Justy and I are pretending to be snowed in, relaxing in front of our [real] cozy fireplace. In case you don't have a real fireplace, here's one for you to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, oh my goodness - that's perfection :) Sounds like you had quite the fun day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I always think about blog material, but I truly have nothing except for the same old boring stories about subbing and how I have no money..I'll try to come up with something though!

    P.S. I watched the fireplace video the whole way through...just sat and stared at it happily. I'm jealous of your snow day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall