Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hi, my name is Kacy and I'm a bibliophile.

I can't help myself. I love to read.

Here is just a little glimpse into what has been consuming my life this past week:


I'm taking a Children's Literature course and I have to read 40 books by the time the course is done (averaging out to about 5 a week.) For some people, this might be torture. For me, it's heavenly. It's taking something that I love to do and 'forcing' me to make time to do it. It's just the perfect excuse to curl up with a good book and ignore everything else. I've been knocking out several-hundred-page chapter books in a matter of hours. I have to be careful that I get my other work done (like textbook reading, quizzes, etc.) in addition to the books I have to read, though. Basically I reward myself with reading the books--if I get all my other stuff done, then I can read. But I also have to make sure I have enough time to start and finish because I won't do anything else until I finish it. And I need to start being mindful of the time I start reading. For example, Friday night I felt like reading before bed and made the silly choice to start a chapter book at 10:50 at night. So I was up until 1 a.m. because I just couldn't put it down.

I'm crazy busy and it takes some major time management skills to get everything done that I need to for school and general life, but I love love love my classes.

If you need to find me, I'll be the one with my nose in the book.

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how happy this makes me. I'm so glad you are finding so much joy in your classes. I'm familiar with a few of those reads - good stuff. The others look fun, too! What other classes are you taking right now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm soo glad you're liking your classes! That's great! I would seriously hate having to read that much. This class sounds perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall