Justin & I had a little getaway to Huntsville this weekend. It's planned for over a month and couldn't have come at a better time. Between being a teacher and a student, I needed a little time off. I've been feeling a little sickness coming on, but I think this weekend of relaxation helped circumvent that.
And (more for my benefit than yours) I'd like to calculate the amount of time I slept this weekend:
Thursday night 10-7
Friday morning 8-11 (we ate breakfast when went back to sleep. Perfection.)
Friday night 11-8
Friday afternoon 2:30-5:30
That's 24 hours' worth of sleep in 48 hours. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Now on to hopefully less boring things.
We stayed at this quaint little bed & breakfast:
We took our bikes and rode down to the square to have lunch.
While we were riding, we saw a flyer for the local community theater, which was putting on To Kill a Mockingbird, so we decided to be cultured and go to the theater (pardon me, theatre.) The play was...full of effort. They tried real hard.
On our way to dinner and the theater:
Today we wandered around the square and I found the most beautiful paisley fabric that I plan to use to make a pair of baby shoes for my future niece that will be arriving in January. I should've bought the whole bolt! I'm so in love with it.
Enough about me--what did YOU do this weekend (you one reader, you!)

looks like fun! you'll have to give me the name of the b&b--we love those!
ReplyDeletei can't remember what we did this weekend.
ooh-wait! friday night, saw chonda pierce in concert (awesome--made me want to be a comedienne), saturday went to vocal artistry conference (awesome--made me want to get that guy to be my vocal coach), saturday night went to brother and sister-in-law's for supper, sunday church (with my stomach in knots over the skit) lunch at chili's, long afternoon nap, and family group for supper and discussion.
but you already knew most of that. :)
What a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad you caught up on your sleep -- that is the best!! I turned 30 on Sunday! Boy howdy this girl's gettin' old. :) I'll post about the festivities soon! Hope you are having a good week!
ReplyDelete"full of effort" haha, I've been to those places... usually it's a middle school attempting a production of "fiddler on the roof".
ReplyDeleteahem.
i love vacations... josh and i have a great place in san antonio that we LOVE. you'll need to share the info for the little b&b, looks cute!
Aww, sounds perfect. And, knowing you two, it was a much deserved getaway.
ReplyDeleteI had Ricci all to myself this weekend...but you already knew that ;)
Love you, precious girl.