I love. love. love. Christmas! (Did I mention the part about my loving Christmas? Okay, good.)
Even with this immense love, I'm not one to go crazy on decorations. Don't get me wrong, we have quite a few (since we got married around Christmas--second anniversary coming up next week, in fact--we were able to register for Christmas items, which was nice) but I'm not extravagant. Our tree is pretty simple and most of the ornaments we have on it are meaningful, not just store-bought, generic ones. So I thought I'd highlight a few of my faves.
Just for fun (and to avoid any favoritism...you know how jealous ornaments can be!) I'll try to go in the order we acquired them.
This one I made while in college at one of those paint-it-yourself pottery places. I worked super super hard on it and am quite proud of it. It is one of the few times that the vision I had in my head actually translated to the finished product.

I got this one in Switzerland when I was studying abroad. We visited a glass factory where this was handmade. I think it's lovely.
Also featured in this picture: a giraffe being a creeper in the background.
My mother-in-law got us this one in honor of our first Christmas together. I think it's pretty darn cute.

We have a whole set of these ornaments made out of tree bark (are you noticing the snowflake theme? I love snow as much as Christmas.) We got these on our honeymoon to Jackson Hole. It's a wonder that I wanted to have an ornament that would remind me of our disastrous honeymoon.

This little bear/fish combo (he's holding the fish in his hands) comes from Big Bear Lake in California, where we went as a honeymoon do-over. Minus the parasailing, it proved to be a better trip (though one could argue--what could have been worse? There was nowhere to go but up.)

I think this one is adorable. I love s'mores so he has a special place in my heart. I find the sock monkey to be random, but adds that touch of whimsy that I like. We adopted him on our first anniversary trip that we took to Gruene. Next week we're going to Salado on our second anniversary trip & we'll be sure to add another ornament to our collection!


I think I will forever miss decorating your Christmas tree with you...I just miss it. But, I miss you more, of course. I love your sweet ornaments, though - super darn cute, indeed. Guess what!! I GET TO SEE YOU SOOOOOOOON! I can't wait. I know I've said that like a million times already, but it's true...I just cannot wait to hug you and sit with you and talk with you and sip on hot cocoa, etc. etc. etc. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI think we went to the same glass factory in Switzerland!! and I also had a vision of an ornament at u-paint-it once....it certainly did not turn out as pretty as yours!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! Love your ornaments!! Have so much fun in Salado. I ate at a neat restaurant there a year or two ago called Adelea's on Main and it was so yummy. Hope you are having a good week! :)
ReplyDeleteLove all your ornaments!!! I am with you I love ornaments that have some sort of meaning behind them:)
ReplyDeleteLove the ornaments!!! :) There's nothing I enjoy more than looking at mine and thinking about who/where they came from.
ReplyDeleteOh and about sewing.. I want to learn to make a few things.. quilts (small ones of course... for like future uses), cute/simple tote bags for like summer, and I still LOVE those baby shoes you made that one time!! Wanna teach me??? :) I can buy the machine, you can come over with yours and we can have a sewing party. - I don't know ANYTHING about machines... they're intimidating!