Monday, August 15, 2011

No Space Left Undecorated

I have my own education initiative (modeled after No Child Left Behind) entitled No Space Left Undecorated. Any blank spaces you see in my classroom are only because I will add to it throughout the year. And, yes, they do bother me until they are filled.

Here is my room as a whole:


My desk:

My classroom library:



This year I would like to show a book trailer (like a movie trailer, but for books) each week to get my students excited about reading! I'll change out the picture of the book cover that I'm highlighting that week.

A little curtain so my students aren't distracted by what's going on in the hall when they're sitting on the carpet.

My bulletin boards:


On the tree, you add little pictures of books that we read aloud as a class. Each branch will be a different "rule" (for example: be kind, believe in yourself, etc.) We'll discuss the theme of the books and decide which branch it goes on. It'll be super cute as we add more books.

One last look:

5 comments:

  1. Ummm...can I come be one of your students?? Your classroom looks awwwwesome! Props, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! How many hours did you put into this?! I'm sure your kids will appreciate having such an involved teacher with so much creativity (even though they will never tell you thanks and probably not consciously realize how great you are!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's this part of the year that REALLY makes me want to be a teacher. I get so excited seeing all the teachers creatively getting ready for shaping young minds. Good luck Mrs. Bunte!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall