Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bedtime Story Baby Shower

I recently co-hosted a baby shower at our church, which left me envious for one just like it, given my love for books! Luckily I'm still planning on waiting a few years, so maybe by the time I have kids, all of this can be reused and no one will remember!

Our inspiration were story books from our childhood. I can't take all the credit for the food and book connections, some of them came from other places, but some are original!

This is where it all started. We wanted to go with cookies instead of cake since that's what the mother-to-be prefers. Very much like its corresponding book, if you give a hostess a cute idea...there will be a lot more work!

Of course we had to have milk to go with it! Along with "It Looked Like Spilt Milk"

This adorable punch recipe came from here
Very important note if you make it: pour the ginger ale over the sherbet to make it frothy. 

The corresponding book: I'm Still Here in the Bathtub

The table setting was made to look like a bed, complete with a custom pillowcase I made for future Baby Benjamin.


Pictured here is an assortment of things: Rainbow [Gold]fish and a veggie tray straight from Mr. McGregor's Garden in the Tales of Peter Rabbit.


Served alongside Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs & Ham were green deviled eggs and ham sliders.
Behind that you can see The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We had fruit kabobs that looked like caterpillars using green grapes with a red grape head.

The book Pigs on a Blanket resulted in having Pigs on In a Blanket.

Over the table we used star die cuts to look like a night sky and had a super cute banner that read Sweet Dreams Benjamin!

Here are the 3 hostesses and the guest of honor(s)!

2 comments:

  1. I saw these on your fb! Ive shown several people! This is the cutest idea!! So clever...totally copying this....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I am so impressed! Good job ladies.

    PS-You can't tell which one is the pregnant girl. I see no belly anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall