Monday, March 18, 2013

The House Chronicles - Volume 9 - Moving Day!

Right before we closed, we had gone over to the house one more time (I guess to make sure we still wanted it?? We did.) While there, we saw quite a few things were left behind on the walls and in the garage. Some of the stuff we were okay with (like cabinets and a work bench in the garage). Some of the other stuff...notsomuch. So at the closing, I asked the previous homeowner if she wanted us to box up the remaining items for her to come pick up. She said she intentionally left the things behind because she wanted to "leave some Scripture around the home to bless us." Sounds sweet, right? Until I show you what was left...


I'm not sure what Bible she's reading, but I have yet to see that in Scripture!
Luckily the Marilyn Monroe bottles were easy to take down. The scissor rack is liquid nailed to the kitchen tile, so it's here to stay as a lovely memento.

Moving day went very smoothly, mostly because we hired movers. {Best. Decision. Ever.} I'm a firm believer that helping people move ruins friendships. We had a lot of church people offer to help us move, which we greatly appreciated. But when I would say we hired movers, the relief on their faces was quite visible!

Besides hiring movers, another great thing I did (Braggy McBraggerson over here! That's not how I meant it to sound...) Anyway...I'll let you be the judge of the greatness: I created floor plans for each room in the new house. From our last moving experience, I knew it was hard to always be present to tell the movers where to put things as they brought them in. And if there's one thing I don't like, it's doing things twice. I didn't want us to have to re-move things (especially big items like beds and say...baby grand pianos). I had a floor plan posted outside each room and the movers did an exceptional job at putting everything just like I wanted!

2 comments:

  1. The floor plans were the best thing ever! You could open your own business selling those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! I see what you mean by the Marilyn Monroe bottles.... yikes

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall