Tuesday, December 22, 2009

You'll be Gruene with Envy!

I have to admit, I stole the "Gruene with Envy" part from a little shop there in Gruene. So punny.

Now, let's get to the part about you being envious: my wonderful husband did something so special for me (us) for our first anniversary! He suggested this to me a couple of weeks ago so we could coordinate a date and what not, but he thought of it all on his own. We went to Gruene (right by New Braunfels) and stayed at the Gruene Mansion Inn. It was so lovely! I'm not a fan of antiques (a.k.a. old, used things), so, truth be told, I was a wee bit nervous about the accommodations. But I had nothing to worry about--it was clean and cute and quaint and quiet and just what we needed. I HIGHLY recommend it to you if you're ever in the area. It's right on the Guadalupe River (perfect for floating in the summers) and just down the street from Schlitterbahn. It's also right by the famous Gruene Hall and the Gristmill Restaurant and within strolling distance of a lot of unique shops. We didn't do anything crazy out of the ordinary; just relaxed and rested and enjoyed each other. But it's fun to get away and do those everyday things without knowing you have other "everyday" things to get to (laundry, cleaning, lesson planning, etc.) All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Justin and came back refreshed and rejuvenated.

Here is a picture of us on the balcony of our room.

We were in a cute little room called the Hayloft. The living area was downstairs and the bed was in the loft upstairs.
The view out our many windows. That's the Guadalupe River in the background.

The mansion itself:

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely Gruene is envy ;)
    It looks and sounds like you two had a wonderful time. This makes me happy. Happy almost Christmas, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm...is = with above...no idea how that typo happened =D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall