Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meats Galore

Last weekend we enjoyed a Christmas dinner with the church staff and spouses. This year (and officially decided from here on out) we scheduled it for January to avoid the craziness that is December.

We went to a Brazilian restaurant called Fogo de Chao.

Two words: coat check.

Which only means one thing: fancy.

I felt like everyone else belonged there and we were imposters. I took my cues from a 5 year old girl sitting near us--she seemed more knowledgeable and sophisticated than I am about such culinary matters.

It doesn't work like your typical restaurant. You have a 'coaster' of sorts with a red side and a green side. When it's red, you're left in peace. When you flip it to the green side, servers descend upon you from every direction with slabs of meat (12 different types, I believe) and you pick what types you want. You do this over and over as many times as you want. I like meat, but my taste buds were most impressed with the strawberry-topped cheesecake I had for dessert.

If you thoroughly enjoy meat and lots of it, Fogo de Chao is the place for you. Just plan well in advance--you'll need to save up for about a year in order to afford it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall