Sunday, January 24, 2010

GREat News

I took the GRE Friday and passed! At least I know I passed the verbal and quantitative parts. It'll be a little bit before I get the Analytical Writing portion back, but...I formed legitimate sentences with nouns and verbs and what not, so I'm pretty sure I will at least pass (my assumption coming from seeing writing samples in which even people who have no concept of the English Language earned a 1 out of 6.) That was a big relief. Particularly since I didn't actually study; I just took one practice test to see how they ask the questions then went to the movies. So...all in all I'm pretty pumped.

I had taken the whole day off, so upon finishing, Justin and I went to a celebratory lunch at Fuddrucker's, picked out potential paint colors for the outside of the house, and watched The Office before I got a little productive and finished up my grad school app, sent off recommendation forms, ordered transcripts, etc. Cy-Fair ISD has a partnership with UT Arlington for teachers to pursue their Masters while teaching. As far as I can tell, it's pretty much if you are a teacher and complete the application, you're in. So come March 1st I should be starting my online classes. Each class lasts 5 weeks, then you get a week off before starting the next 5 weeks' worth. Hopefully I can manage school from a student's perspective on top of school from a teacher's perspective. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! I meant to call you yesterday to see when/if you had taken it! I'm so glad you did well - I'm sure you did wonderfully on the written portion, as well. Keep us posted on the remainder of the process. I'm so excited for you :) Ah! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall