Friday, February 5, 2010

Sniffle, Sniffle

Remember this post? I find myself there again. Only I'm not vomitaceous this time, which makes it at least bearable. A couple of times a year, I get a horrendous cold that sounds like I will literally cough up a lung (thanks, Mom, for that trait!) I tried to ward it off when I first felt it coming on, but my sickness was stronger than Zicam, Chloraseptic, Vicks, and the neti pot. I surprisingly went to school today (surprising because I'm normally looking for any excuse to stay home), mostly because my partner Sarah is still out with a torn muscle and achilles tendon due to the Kickball Incident of 2010 and it's disastrous to have two subs there. I was signed up to teach at Reading Camp tonight, but had to back out. I made it through the regular school day, but turning it into a 12 hour day would not have been good. I'm a very lucky girl because my Justy-pants brought me delicious, soothing tomato basil soup and cheesecake from Jason's for lunch. I stopped at Kroger on the way home and loaded up on Dayquil, Nyquil, special tea with echinacea/vitamin c/zinc, and a "Woman's Wellness" hot chocolate with vitamins in it. Justin refuses to drink it because he doesn't want to be a "well woman."

I desperately want to be a well woman.

2 comments:

  1. I had a dream last night that I was subbing for Sarah and we were working together, and I really wanted you to think I was a good sub. I don't remember if you did or not. Anyway, be a well woman soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love, I'm so sorry! I hope you start feeling better sooon! I have my first day of subbing this Friday - I'm a little nervous. But, it should be fun, I get to sub for my art teacher! Yay art class :) See you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall