Friday, February 19, 2010

Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday

So my birthday was Tuesday (if you sent a card, text, e-mail, or gift, thank you! If not...well...we need to talk. Except that's going to be difficult given that I'm not talking to you anymore. JUST KIDDING!)

Justin is lovely to me every day, but he made me feel extra special on my birthday. We technically started celebrating on Monday night when we went to eat at Olive Garden & paint pottery (I meant to take pictures, but forgot. I'll have to take some after we get our pieces back...given that I'm willing to claim it. I never know how it's going to turn out.) Then on my actual birthday, within 15 minutes of waking up I checked my e-mail and had a gift certificate waiting for me for a pair of TOMS. If you're not familiar, it's an organization that donates a pair of shoes to children in third world countries for every pair you buy. When they first came out, I wasn't too keen on them, but they've gotten some new designs and they've grown on me. I think they would look really cute with a pair of jeans. They're not too casual like tennis shoes, but not fancy by any means. I chose the following pair:
When I got home from school, I found this waiting for me in the upstairs loft:

It's a tent! Tents aren't just for kids. This may be weird to admit, but we actually make tents quite often. You wouldn't believe how it can transform a plain, regular movie night into a unique movie night. It's just fun. Try it out some time...you'll see!

In the tent was...

A lovely bouquet of flowers (this picture doesn't do them justice), a Barnes & Noble gift card, snacks to eat while we watched the movie, and this sweet card:

So nice! I might have read it more than once.

I've had some issues with turning 23. I enjoyed 22. It's a nice, round, even number. I don't like odd numbers. I would have even liked turning 24 instead of 23. And since Tuesday, my body has been revolting against me. Apparently I pulled some sort of muscle in my rib cage area. And I have pink eye. I had to avoid making eye contact with the school nurse all day for fear that she'd notice and send me home.

2 comments:

  1. I love those Toms! Sounds like a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Love, love, love it. It was fabulously wonderful to see you this weekend, my dear. Sorry I left your card at home...it will be out in the mail asap. Hope you have marvelous Monday!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall