Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Campers

This may come as a surprise to some of you (mostly my family) but I enjoy camping. Camping-camping. Not "cabin" camping or "camper" camping, but real-live-tent-camping. And it is oh-so-enjoyable when done with good friends.

To be fair, there are a few things I dislike about camping:
1. mosquitos
2. spiders
3. any other sort of insect/bug-like creature
4. not having an [indoor] bathroom within 5 steps--especially in the middle of the night

Things I like about camping:
1. S'mores
2. More s'mores
3. Having nothing but time
4. Relaxing around the campfire
5. It's socially acceptable to not shower for 3 days

Despite rain, mud, and cold nights, we made it through and had a wonderful time. I was extremely exhausted when we got home yesterday because I didn't sleep so well for two nights. We were talking about how we slept and how many times we woke up in the middle of the night. I think Josh said it best: "I don't think I woke up that many times. Because that would imply that I was asleep first, which wasn't the case."

I went to sleep around 9 o'clock last night and slept until 9 o'clock this morning. I only woke up one time. But I'd much rather wake up to music blaring next door if I'm in my own bed with warm blankets, and a bathroom within [barefoot] walking distance than waking up because a squirrel is eating our ice chest, sleeping on a deflated air mattress with freezing blankets, and a bathroom so far away that I don't even want to think about it for fear that the mere thought will make me have to 'go.'

In summary:

Loved camping.

Thankful for the comforts of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall