Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't Get Too Excited

I really have nothing to say...I'm going to set your expectations low so there's nowhere to go but up.

This weekend we got a lot done in the yard. I was assigned the task of picking up these rocks that line our "flower bed" (I use the term loosely. It's more like a weed bed. And a flower grave. Where my best-of-intentions plants go to die...Poor things. I'm not a good water-er. This one time Justin and I were reading a magazine that had a list of 10 kill-proof plants. I'd successfully killed at least 3 of them.) I digress--I was supposed to dispose of the rocks. I did good for the first 10 minutes and then got bored. So I moved on to picking up the pavers that make a little sidewalk in the yard. Why I thought that was a good idea...I forget. But I'm sure I meant well. We put the pavers back, but somehow ended up with a ton of leftover dirt on top, completely covering the pavers. So I had the brilliant idea to wash the dirt away with water. If I were entering the largest mud pie contest, it would have been the best idea I've ever had. But for our purposes...notsomuch. I went back to the rocks, but felt bad throwing perfectly good rocks away. Perfectly good for what, I'm not sure. But I rescued them and decided to make a "rock garden." Very zen. And no watering required! I quite like the way it turned out.

We got new garage doors! They're pretty. I don't miss the two-tone, rickety, rusty, off-the-track doors one bit. Our neighbors probably agree.

Justin finished the shower! Good thing. We were starting to stink after a year of no showers.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! This is an AmAzing post! I love how your voice totally shines through in your writing :) I want to see pics of your rock garden!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall