Monday, March 1, 2010

My next project(s)

Recently I've fallen in love with blogs that give tutorials on DIY projects. In fact, this post is inspired by All Things Thrifty. Yesterday while Justin was napping, I was plotting my next decorating feat: our guest room. The one formerly known as the "acid-wash jeans" room. It's come a long way, baby. But there are leaps and bounds to go.

This room is pretty, but it's not exactly my style. But it's what got me excited/inspired/thinking:

The bedspread we currently have in there is like a cool blue/turquoise-ish (not as grey as what's in the picture.) I like the wall decal (and the fact that it's removable/returnable if it doesn't work out. Unlike paint.) I found this one that is similar to the one above, which I enjoy. P.S. Love that wall color!

I would love to have a wainscoting treatment on the bottom half of the wall, which would serve two purposes: 1) decoration 2) to cover up a really unfortunate texturing incident (that was there when we bought the house, not by our own doing!) Something along these lines:


So that would be a really clean white and then the top half of the wall would be a blue color to match the bedspread with the wall decal branching in from the side (versus coming up from the ground like a tree.)

And learning how to make these pillows would make my day (the tutorial shown here makes it look...dare I say? Simple?)

Love this one, too!
And if I could master that pin-tuck pillow...maybe some day this beauty can makes its way onto a bed? Love.Love.Love.It.

And don't even get me started on how I could die happy if I could sew any of the things on this website: http://ithinksew.com/

Summer needs to come soon so Crafty Kacy can come out to play.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. I love it!! I wish I had the means to do projects like that...I SO need to invest in a sewing machine. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall