I haven't been a student for a couple of years...
The two worlds are about to collide...
I'm nervous.
Thankfully, I will only simultaneously be a teacher & student for a week and a half...that is, until "teacher school" starts again next fall. I'm hoping I learn over the summer how best to manage the "student school" time and responsibilities so I'll have it down during the fall. But it's obviously so much easier to read 6 chapters [a week] and do 3 projects [a week] when I have nothing else to do all day. And that's just one class I'm taking. On Monday I'm starting classes so I can get my Masters in Curriculum & Instruction. Two Mondays after that I'm starting Library Science classes so I can get certified to be a Librarian. That course requires 5 chapter books to be read a week along with multiple projects.
I baby-sat last night and had about 3 hours between the time he went to bed and the parents came home. Enough time for me to get my chapters read for this upcoming week. But I turned on the tv (it was too quiet otherwise--I was scaring myself) and got caught up in this show called "What Would You Do?" It was really interesting. They have hidden cameras and actors and they see who will help them. For instance, one girl wanted someone to blow into her breathalizer to be able to start her car (some people did it, even though she was obviously [acting] under the influence). One scenario had a lady who couldn't afford her medication at the pharmacy and wanted to see who would help her pay for it. There were a couple of others. It was really interesting to see the psychology of how people think and what makes them stop and help others or not.
All that to say: I only got 1.5 chapters read. Technically the class doesn't start until Monday. So I'm 1.5 chapters ahead. Come Monday, though, I'll be 4.5 chapters behind.
My cup is half full and will soon be half empty.

Wow, you are such a little scholar! I would freak out if I had to read 5 chapter books a week...but you are a very fast reader so I know you'll do great.
ReplyDeleteI love that we will be in grad school at the same time :) Makes me uber happy to know that we can...er...suffer through it together, lol. So proud of you, darlin'.
ReplyDelete