Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm sick...and it's NOT allergies!

I'm sick again.

What else is new? I'm always sick. Darn kids coughing and sneezing all over everything.

I do have a new frustration, though. This week when I would tell someone I'm sick or they hear my voice (lack of voice, more like), every one would keep saying, "It's just allergies."

And I want to scream. It's not just allergies!

When you say it's just allergies, it makes it seem like I have some fictitious sickness that's all in my head. Or that it can't possibly be legit enough to make me feel bad or keep me in bed. When you tell someone it's just allergies, you're essentially saying, "It's not legit. Suck it up!"

To further prove my point, are allergies contagious? Because Justin had this exact same thing last week. Along with half my class.

Just allergies. Please.

This is basically a public service announcement to anyone that crosses my path.

Because anyone that tells me it's just allergies again is going to get a swift kick in their shins.

And I'm gonna say, "Suck it up. It's just a kick in the shins."


1 comment:

  1. HA! Kacy, I love you. Even if it were "just" allergies...allergies are totally legit enough to keep you in bed. Feel better, sweet love.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall