Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Church Dance

Well, we did it. We did the impossible.

We put on a dance in a Baptist church. And it was a success! A huge success!

These pictures do not even begin to show you how great the room and decorations looked. We worked soooo incredibly hard to create an enchanting scene that made you feel like you were under water, to fit our theme "Enchantment Under the Sea" (a spoof off the dance in Back to the Future, but we wanted it to be elegant, not eighties.)

Here was our inspiration room:



Obviously that is a professional photo and mine are not. But I assure that you that ours looked pretty close to this. It was so beautiful! And we worked really hard to achieve it.







This is us before I started dancing the night away (a.k.a. before I got incredibly sweaty)
And apparently I thought I was reenacting the night we got engaged.
With the wrong hand, but still. I've got the pose down.


And after I'd been dancing for hours straight. My hair is sopping wet and stuck to my head.



Our wonderful friends Kim, Andrew, and Gerardo came into town and I am SO thankful they did because I might have been dancing alone if they hadn't been there.



And some testimonials from church members just to prove I'm not biased:

"I got to dance with my husband for the first time since our wedding day last night. It was amazing! We had such a great time!!!"

"It was really fun and everything looked great! you guys did a super job and it was fun to see everyone having a great time!"


"W
e had alot of fun too!! The decorations were amazing!!"

"What a great, fun, enjoyable, exciting, (any other adjectives) time. You all did a great job. This really put to shame "pot luck dinners" and "ice cream socials" of the past."

"Justin and Kacy were definitely king and queen :-)"


Yes, you read that last one correctly: we rocked the dance floor.


I'm already thinking about the next one!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks amaaaazing! I'm so happy that it went so well and everyone noticed your hard work. I'm sad/so sorry i couldn't come!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall