Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cloth Baby Shoes

My dear friend Karin and I got ambitious on Tuesday and decided to attempt to sew some cloth baby shoes. I wish I had come up with the pattern myself, but, alas, I did not. So to give credit where credit is due: the {free} cloth shoe pattern came from Stardust Shoes. She has some great {all free!} tutorials on the right-hand side. I have my eye on the beanbag. It would be great in the reading corner of my classroom. Two of the fabric choices came from Hobby Lobby. The primary colored stripe is something I had leftover from another project.



We're still perfecting the art of the shoes, but for our first time, I think they're pretty darn good!

And here we are (after 9 hours' worth of sewing) with our creations. Notice I'm holding a pillow. Stay tuned for the debut of my first self-created pillow!

4 comments:

  1. Ah! So presh! I'm just gonna say now that I'm requesting those whenever I have kids. Consider your first order submitted! :D

    Hey, I need to see you before I leave...I'll be calling you soon - I leave the week of Aug 15. FREAK OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start a little baby shoe business! Those are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! =) I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! those shoes are sooo cute! i'm jealous of your skillz and the fact that you got to hang out with karin for 9 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!
    -Crystal
    crystalscraftspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall