Friday, July 9, 2010

Random Musings

After the youth camp ended today, Justin and I went to a little coffee shop in Mineola to get some school work and church work done. Even though we're "big city folk" we still haven't gotten on the coffee bandwagon, so we embarrassed ourselves quite a bit trying to order some Italian sodas. I finally settled on a coconut flavor, which the barista (the only coffee shop lingo I've caught on to) said tasted "lovely." Little did I know that my smell/taste associations would be so strong. I took one sip and thought I had mistakenly taken a shot of Coppertone. I couldn't bring myself to drink anymore. You know the saying, one girl's lovely is another girl's sunscreen.

We are now in Sulphur, relaxing and spending time with my family. When we come here, we get the pleasure of sleeping on an air mattress, which is actually quite comfortable, considering the alternative. My parents only have twin beds in their guest room. We tried to sleep on that once during a previous visit. I've never done it, but if I had to compare it to something, I think it might be similar to what it would feel like to sleep in a straitjacket while trying to balance on a high wire. With someone else jiggling the high wire...and stealing the blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Y'all should push the beds together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have you know that I was NOT the one stealing the covers...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall