Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Florida Fun

Last week we made the trek to the Sunshine State to a high school camp where Justin led worship.

It. was. awesome. I loved it!

These little ladies are a huge part of what made it so spectacular. I had the privilege of meeting with them every night and laughing a lot...er, I mean...talking about deeply spiritual things.
Boy, my shirt sure looks psychedelic. In real life it's just boring stripes.
That picture was taken at an ice skating rink where we played broomball. It's kind of like hockey, but in regular shoes instead of skates. I am still recovering from a nasty spill I took there. Still fun, though. Kind of. I wouldn't do it again.

I'd like to introduce you to this little lady. I affectionately call her Lori-Lori. If we lived in the same place, I think she & I would be best friends.

This guy made up the other large portion of why it was so fun. He's rockin' the fingernail polish & supportin' our GREEN TEAM! Yes, it did freak me out every time I saw it.

One night was kind of a "formal" night where everyone dressed up and we ate steaks at a local park. Kind of hot. But delicious.
Here's Justy-pants in the ocean. Or gulf? Large body of water. Soon after, there were dolphins swimming & jumping behind him.
It was hard coming back to the Lone[ly] Star State after such a fun week.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha i love it kacy!! and yes, of course our discussions were always deeply spiritual...if only walls could talk hahah. i miss you!

    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. that water looks amaaazing.

    2. i'm glad you had so much fun with the girls!

    3. girl to the left of you in the picture reminds me of you

    4. you look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, lady. I love that you loved that time with the kiddos - meeting with my girls each night was by far my favorite part of the youth event I chaperoned this summer - such precious time :) Loved seeing you this week...wish it could have been longer. Miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful post! I think blogs are the coolest thing! But considering the fact that I don't have a stinkin facebook yet, I highly doubt I'll be getting a blog set up. Thanks for sharing such awesome memories! We definitely miss you...In Sunday morning worship, we were barely singing this really slow song, and I leaned over to Mrs. Lori and said, "I just feel led to get up there and sing...the lawnmower song." She cracked up and said, "Rat now?" (you know how she says right ;) "Right now," I said. It was basically the funniest thing ever. You're kindred and hilariously funny spirit is forever in our hearts, Tyra. Love you! Make sure Justin knows Laura and I are stil yeehawin and yip yip yawin it down here in O Town! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh...this is Cheltsea, by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall