Last weekend my parents came to town and I had the best time! It started Friday evening with dinner at P.F. Chang's to celebrate my parent's anniversary. Saturday morning the guys went to play golf while my mom and I had a relaxing breakfast at Panera. I did some grad school homework while she read a book for fun. Then we roamed through Ikea and managed to leave without buying anything. Later that afternoon, though, we made up for it very quickly! Our first stop was Pier 1. Around this time last year Mom and I went to Pier 1 and fell in love with a giant giraffe. I know it sounds ridiculous, but he is just so cute! And we both feel every room needs a little touch of whimsy. I've been back several times and sinfully coveted him. A year later my mom was OVERLY kind and bought him for me! So nice!
Here is Pier 1's view of him:

Then we went to Kirkland's and before we even walked in, we spied the most perfect table in the window! I've been looking for months for a half-round table to go in our entry-way and the wait was worth it. It's red to match our couches and the perfect size for the space.
I already had the pumpkin and frame (still has the stock photo in it...oops.) The metallic-esque frame matches the metallic-esque giraffe's spots.
After Kirkland's we ventured to World Market and I found the most adorable elephant! Elephants are my favorite. I'm not usually much for animal print decor (or animals, in general), but it's hard to tell from these recent purchases! Who could resist this face, though?
And, all together now:


As always--the pictures doesn't do it justice. Everything really brightens up the entryway and I enjoy having my giraffe and elephant friends greeting me and sending me off.
Now I'll let him send you off!




VERY cute!!!!! :) Looks great! Giraffes are my FAVORITE :)
ReplyDeleteAh!! YOU GOT YOUR GIRAFFE! Perfect. Absolutely perfect. I love it. I can't wait to see it all over Christmas!! Love you - can't wait to see your face on Skype :) This weekend maybe??
ReplyDeleteYay!! I'm so glad to hear from you and see your adorable blog. :) Hope you are doing well!!!
ReplyDelete