The pink eye monster attacked me last night. I should've known what was happening when I woke up this morning with a ton of goop in my eye. But I began my morning routine--starting the shower, brushing my teeth, etc.--and didn't look into the mirror until after my shower (prior to the shower, it would be an extremely disheartening scene to experience first thing in the morning.)
I'm not sure why they call it "pink" eye. That makes it sound too cute, if you ask me. When I finally looked in the mirror, I jumped in surprise at my fiery red eye. Now, I'm no stranger to pink eye. But I can usually feel it coming on. This time it came on very suddenly. I'm not sure why I was surprised I contracted it...I took out some old contacts the other night and was looking for a 'new' pair. I use the term 'new' loosely because what I did was open up an assortment of contact cases until I made a full pair. The lefty came out of one case, the righty out of another case. I'm an ophthalmologist's nightmare (or dream, if they're in it for the money...)
I went to school, but visited the nurse first thing. She said I definitely have it and should not touch anybody/need to go to the doctor. Luckily I have an uncle who's a doctor, so he called me in a prescription for some drops. I also consulted another doctor (Dr. Pepper) who ordered me to stay in my pajamas, eat pizza, make ornaments (more on that later), and watch movies. I'm not one to argue, so that's exactly what I did all day--after all, doctor's orders!

You are too funny...I am glad you followed doctor's orders!!!
ReplyDeleteHahaha...minus the "pink" eye (I agree...pink eye is way too cutsie. I think your description of fiery is dead on. I vote we call it that!), that sounds positively lovely :) MISS YOU!!! P.S. - WAY, WAY, WAY need to talk to you soon. I love you! I LOVE you! I LOOOOOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDelete