Saturday, January 8, 2011

Anniversary Trip

I've been a little MIA from blogging. Mostly because I misplaced my camera, which was where all of the creative inspiration was located. And by creative inspiration I mean pictures that make reading all this more bearable. And by misplaced my camera, I mean it was in a basket right by the couch, which is where Justin told me it was at least 3 times, I just never bothered to look until now.

So here is a recap of our second anniversary trip. We opted to go to Salado this year, which is right outside Temple. I'd been there a couple of times before and love the quaintness of it. We stayed at the Baines House (somehow associated with Lady Bird and LBJ, though I don't know all of the historical details). Here we are outside our cozy little cottage:

On the [enclosed] back porch, there was a bathtub! I'd never seen such. It was cool...literally. Cold.


We had a cozy little fireplace:


Everything was very nice and a relaxing getaway. We were the only guests that day, so during breakfast in the morning, we got to visit with the owners of the bed & breakfast, who were very nice. They had an anniversary coming up, too--48 years! When we told them it was our second anniversary, they chuckled and said "Gotta start somewhere!" So true. Time has flown by, though! And I'm looking forward to many more!

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks wonderful :) So glad y'all got to make a little getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just got all caught up on your life..i've been MIA too. I can't believe it's been 2 years! Congratsticles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Can we all eat papa johns and dr. pepper and wear lime green clothing while watching the Office, and take a break to go to Panera when yall come in a couple weeks? K great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! That cottage is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for choosing the pic of me with my eyes closed |+)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall