It's been two years since my Mom bought some floating shelves from The Container Store. When we were there over Thanksgiving, I noticed they were in the guest room, never opened. I then knew what the perfect Christmas gift would be! All of us kids and my dad gave her framed pictures from last year's family photo shoot to serve as a gentle encouragement to get those shelves hung.
The day after Christmas around 9 p.m. I forced my mom, dad, and Justin to hang the shelves & pictures once and for all. Of course, we didn't have the drill bit we needed, so around 10, we all had to change out of our cozy Christmas p.j.'s to go to Wal-Mart (with a detour to Braum's, naturally.)
Finally, we got the shelves hung and the pictures placed. My mom even had a picture of her dad in a black frame that goes perfectly with the others, so the family wall is officially complete!
All I had was my phone at the time (did I mention I misplaced my camera? Oh, I did? Hm.) so I apologize for the poor quality, but I think you get the idea. It looks even better in person!

Aww, it looks lovely!!! Way to be proactive :)
ReplyDelete