Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stamp Camp

My mom recently stepped down from her post as the director of a non-profit organization that she started from scratch in our guest room. She came to stay with us for a week while she cleared her head and I was supposed to teach her how to relax. I'm not sure I succeeded. Teaching her to relax is harder than teaching my third graders to sit still and silent (sometimes I feel like I teach dog obedience school rather than children!) She's a hard worker!

One of our first relaxation activities was attending Stamp Camp hosted by a fellow church friend. We made some super cute cards for much less than what you would pay at the store. Here they are!




This next one is so cute! I know the puppy is sick, but he's still so sweet.
The inside is my favorite part!



Now you may be thinking, "Those cards are so cute!" And you would be right. I'll let you in on a little secret, though. The main reason why some of them are so cute is because...

We put a bird on it!




3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! A friend of mine here at the U just showed me that video earlier this week - hiiilarious. And, nice work with the cards, lady. I'm a wee bit jealous, I won't lie ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing! I have so many comments and don't know where to begin. I'll do them in the order they went through my head:
    1) I love your background with the green, pink and BIRDS
    2)The first card shown with the cherry blossoms is beautiful! I love it (and there's no bird)
    3) I've never heard of a stamp camp but these cards are wonderful!
    4) That video cracked me up! I've heard the show is hilarious, even if you know nothing about portland (which I don't).

    Glad I can follow your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it!

    5)I like your comment about your comments (the dr p, pizza, office thingy) and I may steal it, but making it work for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall