I just finished The Ex-Debutante by Linda Francis Lee. I had previously read her book called The Devil in the Junior League. It doesn't have the same characters, but does have the same style of writing and setting, so they're very similar. I wouldn't say I just loved both (I wouldn't re-read them) but I definitely liked them.

I started The Help once I finished The Ex-Debutante. So far it's living up to the ample praise that others have given it.

But...when I was at Target the other day, I saw this little number:

...and had to buy it (Normally I'd get it from the library, but I'm currently unable to check out books from the public library due to some hefty fines. It's not unlikely that wanted posters are plastered everywhere and I will be detained if I come within 200 yards of the building. I'm not risking it.)
Anyway, since I bought that book, it's trumped The Help for my nightly reading.
I take funny over serious any day of the week.
Especially days of the week that involve incidents like this:
I need humor in my life. I laugh so I don't cry.

I loved loved loved The Help! I just finished Water for Elephants and it was great too. Let us know how you like the Tina Fey book-it has caught my eye several times.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading the girl with the dragon tattoo right now and i'll let you know if its worth the read. I feel like I don't have many friends that love to read like I do so I like hearing suggestions. The title of The Ex-Debutante grabs my attention, good to know you liked it. I have a huge list of "want to reads" so I may pick this up at the library (which I just paid off my fines so I'm allowed to go) if my other books aren't available.
Haha...got to love days like those!!! Just think 3 more weeks of that little angel...lol!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, oh man...looks like you've had a fun bunch lately ;) And, I'm way jealous of your time to read...and your speediness in that department. I'll just read vicariously though you, mmk?
ReplyDeleteI just finished The Help and am starting the Ex Debutante!! So fun we are riding the same reading wave! :) Hope you are having a good week!
ReplyDelete