Saturday, June 18, 2011

Junk in the Trunk

In my last post, you saw the big reveal of our new guest room. Featured in that room was a bench that my parents bought me a few years ago that I LOVE. It's cute and functional.

There's just one problem: it loses its cuteness when you maximize it's functionality.

In other words, you can see your junk through the glass and it ain't so pretty.


I originally had it in my bedroom, which had a colorful bedspread containing pinks and greens. So I got some scrapbooking paper, cut it to size and taped it (from the back) onto the glass panes:



But in the new guest room those colors didn't quite mesh. So I took out the old paper and put in some that coordinated better.


You might notice that one of these things is not like the other. I noticed it, too...After I had already cut 8 squares and didn't have any more paper. So that will have to be fixed some other time.

Until then...I have maximized the cuteness and functionality.

In other words: Ain't too shabby!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous, as usual, darling. And, the thing that ain't like the other...I kind of like...give it a neat flare. So, I vote that you don't need to rush to make it like the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say keep it. Makes it funky. Now you have funk in your trunk! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall