After two, long, dreadful, painful, torrential, endless...do I need to go on?...years of working on the house, we took a little break from house stuff. My guess is that anything else needing to be done will be accomplished when we decide to sell. Until then, we can live with it!
But there was one thing that I could not ignore any longer....the laundry room. (Cue scary music.)
It was driving me nuts. It's teeny tiny. Even so, I knew the space could be maximized much more. So I coaxed (conned might be the more appropriate word choice) my mom into coming because she has the beauty, braun, and brains to pull stuff like this off.
Here are the befores:


And afters:
The name of the game is shelving! Unfortunately the stuff that goes on the shelves is not pretty. But the fact that everything finally has a place (that's NOT on top of the washer or dryer) is a big deal!
One of the biggest problems was the laundry baskets...When on the floor, they're right in the way of the door leading to the garage so we have to move them from the floor to the dryer to the washer and back again to do what needs to be done. One word: annoying. So one of the shelves is designated to storing the baskets when not in use. That's probably my favorite part!
We don't have that many clothes that have to be air dried, but we have a few. I'm tired of laying them on the dryer or on a bed, so we took a little towel rack and are using it for a drying rack that can be pushed out of the way when it's not needed.

And a nice little catch-all rod that holds brooms and bags and little jars where I can keep the miscellaneous things that turn up in the laundry (ponytail holders, coins, etc.)
The only downfall...I now don't have an excuse for why I can't do the laundry...




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)