Sunday, March 11, 2012

Series of Unfortunate Events

I can't exactly pinpoint just one cause for the reason why I woke up at 3:30 a.m. on a Sunday. Let me clarify--not just "woke up" but got up. As in took a shower, did some laundry, emptied the dishwasher...I deserve the good housewife award. 

No, it wasn't just one event. It was more of a series of unfortunate events that caused me to wake up 3 hours earlier than I needed to. Technically it started last year when the light on my alarm clock started to go out, causing 8's to look like 1's. There's a big difference between 7:41 and 7:48 when your hair is still wet and you have to leave for work at 7:50. This same alarm clock also had really bad reception so when I listened to my morning radio shows, it was super static-y. So for Christmas, Justin bought me a new radio. For some reason, we he just changed the radios out last week so I'm still getting used to the new one. Last night I was trying to be so on top of things, I moved the clock forward an hour, thinking that if my phone didn't automatically do it, I'd still know what time it was. Strike one against productivity and logic. Apparently this clock is smarter than I am and knows what time zone it lives in, so it reprogrammed itself in the middle of the night...it leads one to wonder what else it does while I'm sleeping...ergo, my clock had been set forward twice. The other unfortunate event is a cold I have brewing in my chest and throat. So in general I wasn't sleeping well. Other factors included in my untimely awakening:

1. I was dreaming about something that involved lots of running around.
2. My hair would not stay in its ponytail.
3. My right leg was itching so bad. So. Bad.

So when I woke up and the clock read 5:30, I was actually relieved. I figured I was going to get up at 6 anyway, so why not get a head start. I took a shower then went downstairs to do the aforementioned laundry and emptied the dishwasher. It was at this time that I realized something fishy was going on. The oven clock read 4:15. I freaked out a little then realized I needed to add an hour. 5:15. Wait. That can't be right either. Cue second, appropriate freak out as I realized I had been up since 3:30. I thought about going back to sleep, but by this time I was so awake from the all chores I'd been doing. Strike two for productivity and logic.

As per my usual habit when I can't sleep, I decided I had to wake Justin up and tell him all about it. (He loves that, don't let him tell you otherwise!) He was really torn up about it.

And it is now only 8 o'clock (I think? I hope?) and I've officially been awake longer than I slept last night. 

1 comment:

  1. That sucks! For you and justin. I'm pretty sure jesse wouldn't love me waking him up either. Hope you got to take a nap later.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall