Monday, October 29, 2012

The House Chronicles - Volume 2 - "The Five Hour Fight About Our Forever Home"

So I knew the house was our forever home, but it took a little work to get Justin to believe it. I tried to play it cool, but clearly I was head-over-heels in love with it. I convinced Justin to go look at the house just to see if we liked it as much in person as online. I e-mailed the realtor listed on the website and didn't hear back. So I called her and finally set up a meeting. It happened to be right before we were leaving to go to Sulphur Springs for the weekend. So we went to see the new house that morning and I loved it. Loved. It was everything I thought it would be and more. (Don't get me wrong--it wasn't perfect. Two words: plaid wallpaper. But it had great bones, great potential, and great character. The trifecta!) Seeing it in person only solidified it for me, but again...Justin needed a little convincing. Of course we couldn't just have a civil conversation about our thoughts & desires. I was so enamored and badly wanted to pursue the house. Justin was playing it safe, running the numbers, thinking it through...and these differences resulted in a five-hour fight the whole way to Sulphur. We had asked the realtor to come the next week and look at our house to see what we might could sell it for, so ultimately we agreed to wait and hear the cold, hard facts before making a decision (but, let's be honest...my mind was made up!)

It was going to be over a week before the realtor could come look at our house. I was really bummed because I wanted to get the show on the road. But unbeknownst to me, God had other plans in mind that were better than what I could have imagined. The events of which will be detailed in Volume 3 "Regarding Realtors."

1 comment:

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall