It's been so long since my last post! I've almost forgotten the story myself, but that's why it's all the more important I write it down so I can remember it forever.
Where was I...
So we wanted the realtor who was selling our dream house to come look at ours and give us an idea of what we might could sell it for since everything pretty much depended on that. We didn't love the lady, she was a little flaky, and I didn't have the best feeling about her, but we didn't know any other realtors so we were going with it. Again, I was really disappointed that it was going to be a week before she could come by. But, of course, timing was everything and there was a purpose for the delay. Fast forward to the next Sunday (right before the Monday where the realtor was going to come by.) I was on my way home from church and saw an "Open House" sign. Obviously I didn't want any other house, but I love to look at houses, in general, and was interested to see what else was on the market and what it was going for. So I told Justin I wanted to go. He obliged, but a little reluctantly. We were in two separate cars, so we dropped one at the house then went back. I couldn't quite remember where I had seen the signs, but we finally saw a set and followed it to a house. We went in to look around and got cornered by the realtor (who also happened to be the very motivated seller of the house) and he told us about every teeny tiny detail about the house, from what tar he used on the roof down to the brand of the tile grout. We couldn't get out fast enough. On our way out of the neighborhood we saw another Open House sign and I realized that was actually the first one that I saw. I wanted to go in, but Justin was hesitant, especially after our encounter with the other rambling realtor. But I convinced him to go. Duh.
We walked in and there were no other people in the house. Just us and the realtor, Pam. Who is now affectionately referred to as Pamcake.
How do I describe the chemistry that occurred in the moment we met Pam...Is "love at first sight" too strong of a description? I don't think so. Actually, it wasn't really the "sight" part that sealed the deal. I think it was when she unashamedly admitted to having eaten a whole sleeve of Girl Scout cookies. Anyone who 1) can eat a whole sleeve of cookies and 2) 'fesses up after is destined to be my friend.
We took a look around the house just for grins, but we were up front about the house that we had our sights on and the fact that we needed to sell our current house before we could. We talked for a little bit and then I couldn't really help myself before I blurted out, "Can you come over!?" I kind of felt like a kid asking if a friend could come over to play. Very Buddy the Elf-ish. "We can eat a whole roll of [Girl Scout] cookies and then we'll snuggle!" She said she would come over the next day (Monday...the same day the other realtor was supposed to come over...) and the deal was really sealed when she said she would bring me a cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Be still my heart.
We couldn't cancel the other realtor at that late date, but we all knew Pam was our girl. When Pam came over, she was very encouraging about the house and said we would be able to get what we needed out of it. The more we talked, the more we found we had in common, including our faith. Pam shared that the day before at the open house that she was questioning why she was there at all--no one else visited the house the whole time. She had been praying and asking God why she was there...then we walked in! Duh.
Next up in The House Chronicles..."ON the Market"
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)