I have now donated hair to Locks of Love twice. The first time my friend Lindsie did it with me.
Here are the befores:
And the after:
And the second befores:
My hair wasn't quite as long as long as it was the first time. But even so--I measured it (about every other hour) to make sure I would know where to expect it to be when chopped off. The problem came when the stylist didn't measure it...just guesstimated. And that is how I ended up with hair 3 inches shorter than I expected.
And...I cried.
Which sounds pitiful. Obviously I made the choice to cut it off. Voluntarily. I have long luxurious locks and it's not fair for me to hog it all when there are little girls who have involuntarily lost their hair to diseases. It's the smallest thing I can do.
Sometimes it's good to do things that are hard.
My hope is not in my hair.
And as much as I often believe it, my beauty is not found there either.
It's just going to take some getting used to.
Silver lining: I'll use less shampoo! And less electricity when I blow dry my hair.
And...I'll save money on ponytail holders...because my hair won't fit in a ponytail anymore...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)