Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Tribute to Mom

If you're reading this and you're not one of my 4 siblings, then I'm sorry. I'm about to describe the best mother in the world. And if we have the best mother in the world, that means that what you have is second rate. My apologies.

My mom is the best because...

She put up with this clan for upteen years (and counting). That's no easy task.

And she did it with class...and equal parts sass.
What mom do you know that would help, nay--encourage--her daughters to steal a table and plant and put it in an elevator?

Or go to a tattoo/piercing parlor?

And then the next day, look just as comfortable having afternoon tea?

She is always there when I need her.
Like when it's frigid cold and I get the bright idea to run a 5K and need a cheering section.

And she's always there for those big life moments that wouldn't be complete without a mom.


And she doesn't just help out her family. She has a heart for people, in general, and I've learned so much about faith and compassion and a true servant's heart by watching and working for her.

I'm really proud to call her my mom.

I mean...has your mom been Citizen of the Year?
I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall