Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Organization Overhaul

I spent much of my Christmas break organizing things. Unfortunately I hadn't created an organizational method for my camera at that time because, as I've mentioned (thrice now) I misplaced my camera. So I don't have before pictures, which is probably for the best because I don't want those to be held against me. Then I'd have to change my name to protect the innocent (okay, fine--to protect the guilty.)

Somehow I did manage to get a picture of this, though:
That's the aftermath of the random conglomeration of gifts that elementary school students give their teachers. Most of those have since found [new] good homes. On a related note, if you're ever wondering what does make a good gift for teachers, think GIFT CARDS. But how could I not love a $2 tin of earrings intended for girls ages 3-6? I enjoy a good dolphin earring as much as the next pre-teen. Obviously I'm very appreciative of their thoughtfulness and generosity, but it cracks me up that they saw these things and thought, "Mrs. Bunte!"

Moving on.

I organized our pantry and made an inventory of the contents, including the 7 cans of diced tomatoes that had gotten lost in the back. Diced tomatoes won't be making their way onto my shopping list any time soon. And if you know of any good recipes that call for them, I'm all ears!


I also tackled my craft closet. It could stand to use even more work, but I'm pleased with the progress.



The organization continued in the form of sewing purse organizers for myself and as Christmas presents. I got the idea and tutorial here. They're super easy to make, cute, and practical! It can't be beat! Except, of course, by a fab pair of dolphin earrings.


3 comments:

  1. Great organization!! The dolphin earrings are hysterical! Ok, so 411 on the Shark steam mop is I really like it! :) I think it cleans well and it makes me happy that it only uses water and will work on hardwoods. There is even some attachment for the carpet! I haven't figured that out yet, but will let you know when I do. Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, lady! I love the purse organizer! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAH love the earrings! And thats a new purse organizer!! I love it, though! :) I am wanting to maybe learn how to make something new... any ideas?! I was thinking maybe like... hmm.. okay I really have NO ideas. =) I enjoyed our sewing date last time, tho, I wanna do it again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall