Justin officiated his first wedding this weekend in Dallas. The amazing job that he did will be left for another post, but this one will be dedicated to the items of clothing that were worn at the event and how they were acquired.
Here are those stories:
Here are those stories:
When it came time to pack, I realized how lacking my wardrobe is in winter dress-up clothes (and I don't mean dress-up of the Cinderella princess variety, I mean dress-up as in dressy.) So I had to go with my favorite dress that Justin bought me from White House Black Market. I adore the dress, but it's short and sleeveless. Not quite winter, but it'd have to do. Then it was on to shoes. Normally I wear open-toed shoes with it when it's warm, but that wasn't going to work in the 30 degree weather. I have some black close-toed flats that look great with slacks, but my legs looked stumpy when they were paired with the dress. So on the way from Sulphur Springs to Dallas, we stopped at a Payless to shop for some new shoes.
And that is how I ended up wearing these:
And since Payless was having their BOGO sale, I was lucky enough to get the ruby red twin for $4.50. What girl doesn't need a good pair of red heels?
______________________________
It was 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for the wedding venue. Justin put on his slacks, his white button up, his dress socks, his dress shoes and went to put on his tie...wait...where's the tie? In Houston, of course! So he called the father of the bride to see if somebody had a tie to loan. He said somebody had a tie he could borrow, no problem. At the venue, Justin went to the groom's dressing room to put the tie on and came out in a very colorful plaid tie. I honestly thought it was a joke when I first saw it. Either that, or the groomsmen he borrowed it from was a clown or hobo. Once I realized he was serious, I offered to go to Target to get a new tie. I knew exactly where the Target was--I was familiar with that area. The problem was, I wasn't sure how to get to the Target. We were in downtown Dallas where one way streets abound. I was attempting to follow the map on my phone, but couldn't get where I needed to be. I ran 3 stoplights, cut off 2 people, and went the wrong way down a 1 way street. In an attempt to remove myself off the 1 way street, I took the entire car over a curbed median...while in reverse...in the middle of a street. (Contrary to what that list will make you think, I am a good driver. If I weren't a good driver, I would have been in a wreck during one of those things.)
I had been driving for about 20 minutes, was near tears, and was going to miss the wedding if I didn't go back.
And that is how Justin ended up wearing this:



LOVE EVERYTHING!!! Nice work with the shoes, lady :) And, seriously...the tie looks nice especially with the yellow rose! It's fun :)
ReplyDeleteSomeone viewed your blog from Zambia! Who could it be?! Hope all is well there in beautiful America Land. Thinking maybe rematch on Hey Ya on Just Dance 2 ;) Have a wonderfully blessed day and tell Justin hey for me!
ReplyDeleteUH THU BATEMAN!!!!! Hi Kacy. Hunter and I like your blog......
ReplyDelete