Sunday, February 6, 2011

Budget Bags

Our "snow" day turned out to be a day sans snow. Either way--I got the day off! That's the good news! The bad news: the women's retreat was cancelled due to icy roads. But I made the best of it. Because of the women's retreat, I originally had two days of a full agenda. When I found out that was cancelled, I had two days free! I decided to spend my time making budget envelopes. We abide by the Dave Ramsey plan, which includes using a system of envelopes to keep track of cash, which is how we pay for everything (in addition to debit cards, if you choose--but no credit cards!)
Our envelopes were a little worse for the wear and we keep having to replace them. So I decided to make some cute envelopes that will last!

Here is the "before"--what we've been using:


And the new budget envelopes:


I quite like them a lot! I'd seen the fabric at Hobby Lobby many times and have been dying to use it on something, so I was glad to finally have a project to use it on!

These beautiful bags make the budget a bit more bearable!*

*Today's post has been brought to you by the letter B!*

4 comments:

  1. LOVE! I need to practice my sewing skills, and this would be a great project.

    I also need some time to practice, but that ain't found in no envelope.

    Maybe I'll just pad your envelopes and have you make mine?

    Hmmmm????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure exactly where to find strawberry plants, but I'm thinking maybe nursery might have them. Somewhere like Lowe's might, too. I'll let you know if I see any. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE them!! Well done, lady-lou :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall