Friday, March 4, 2011

Dental Dilemmas

I cannot believe that it's been a month since my last post. I've been a little busy, though. Ridiculously enough, one of the main things that has consumed my life has been going to the dentist. Basically what's happening is my teeth are rotting out of my head. Which caught me by surprise. I didn't have a single cavity for the first 16 years of life, then all of a sudden everything deteriorated. Rapidly. Apparently I have "soft enamel" and "soft dentine," which results in a fatal combination for my pearly whites.

It all started New Year's Eve. Heather, Jake, Justin, and I were enjoying pizza and cookies. While eating a cookie, I felt something hard. I tried to chew it, but when I couldn't, I just swallowed it whole. I thought it was a really tough chocolate chip or something. A little while later, my tongue felt its way over my tooth. Or should I say lack of tooth.

"Guys? This is going to sound weird, but I think I swallowed my tooth."
I double dog dare you to say that at your next social gathering--it really gets the party going!

I won't bore you with all of it, but here's a summary of my dental details:

4 trips to the dentist,
3 fillings,
2 chipped teeth,
and
1 night guard later...

Hopefully I'm done with the dentist for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! That's insane!! I also don't have the best mix of dental idealness going on in my mouth. I have had liike... uhmm... 15 cavities filled since my sophomore year of high school. I also have soft enamel, but mine has been like that for a while. Luckily, I haven't had a cavity in about 2 1/2 years, but I ALWAYS am nervous they're going to tell me I have one when I go. I atleast always have a "watch" one. Boo. I have my bi-annual in two weeks... BLAH

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall