This might be the thing I'm the most proud of that I accomplished over the break. When we went home, my mom gave me a table and some shelves to put in the loft. These shelves are basically a family heirloom--I remember them being in our house since I was quite young. They're from the Container Store, so they're high quality and have outlasted 5 kids and have made an appearance in every room of my parents' home (and now have survived a move to Houston!)
Let's just say they get around.
Anyway, I knew they would be perfect for organizing all of my crafty things. Since they're adjustable, I could configure it exactly the way I needed to. Over the years, some of the pins that hold up the shelves have gotten misplaced. I went to The Container Store thinking they still carried this shelving, but they don't. They had some extras in the back, though, and were nice enough to give me some more pins for free. Amazing!
I swoon over every craft room I lay eyes on and I love the idea of having everything easily accessible rather than packed away in a closet. Plus crafty stuff is so fun and colorful that it's like having instant decorations. I really like the idea of having my sewing machine out and ready to go. If it's easy to get to, the more likely I am to use it because I don't have to waste time hauling it out.
Okay, okay--enough words, on to the pictures!
It had to get worse before it got better:
And now for the big reveal!
Drum roll...
Here are the shelves all organized. All the color makes me happy! The only thing I have left to do is put the ribbon on the organizer. The dowel rods are too fat for the ribbon spools to go on.



I've since added the three picture frames on the wall, making everything complete!


What a fabulous craft space!! Well done!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love craft spaces, especially when organized! Its beautiful!
ReplyDelete