I'm in a Family Group at church called Dinner Darlings. We get together every other week and prepare meals to freeze. If I could describe this group in two words, I would say...
It. Rocks.
We have an entire freezer and deep freeze full of meals. I won't have to cook for months. A lot of this is attributed to the fact that everyone else has an average of 4 kids. We have 0. I can make three dishes to their one 9x13 that barely feeds their family. Added on to that, we don't eat them every night. Some (to be read: most) nights there is just no time for sit-down dinners, even if it is pre-prepared, so we work through them pretty slowly.
All of that is the semi-irrelevant backstory to my main point. The ladies in charge of this group worked SO hard to prepare everything for us each week. They found recipes, couponed, shopped, prepped, and organized for our benefit. Those of us in the group wanted to do something especially nice for them, so I created a Kitchen Utensil Bouquet to express our appreciation. I got most of it from Target because they had a ton of cutesy Easter-themed items, but a lot it of it is normal everyday stuff that they carry. I also found a meal-planning calendar that is perfect for our group. I want to get one for myself, too!
I love how it turned out! It would make such a cute gift for a wedding shower, too!

Adorable, Kacy! What a fun group!! :) Hope you had a Happy Easter!!
ReplyDeleteWow! They do your shopping for you? We get a shopping list. There are four women in my group so the shopping list has 4 different stores lists based on what is on sale at which store. We all do our own shopping and bring the items together to cook it. Our meals are supposed to be for 5 or 6 people so Jesse and I make them work for about 3 meals! Its great! Plus the other 3 women in my group are my friends so the 4 hours we spend cooking are some of the most fun of my month. I'm so glad someone invented these groups!
ReplyDelete