Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Bowling Analogy


Oil : Water :: Bowling : _________

A. Lanes
B. Bowling balls
C. Bowling shoes
D. Kissing

It's elementary, my dear reader...

Or so I thought. But apparently not everyone knows that. We had the misfortune of bowling next to two hormonal teenagers who apparently spend a lot of time kissing and not a lot of time studying for the SAT.

Here was their agenda: bowl, make out, bowl, grope each other, repeat.

Hard picturing it? While attempting to take a picture of Justin to remember our fun night out (a night I'm now trying to forget), I caught this on film.


This picture pales in comparison to being RIGHT NEXT to these kids (literally inches away at some points.)

At first, we tried to ignore them. We had gotten some snacks, so we ate while they bowled their first five frames. And then we tried to bowl, but it was so distracting. I succeeded in holding my tongue (no pun intended) until they were done with their game because I hoped they would leave. But I could hear them talking about staying for another game and I couldn't let that happen. They didn't make their decision before more groping so I took that opportunity to ever-so-tactfully say,

"Get a room!"

That got their attention.

So I proceeded to tell them it was gross and I came to bowl, not watch them make out. They "kissed" (that's an understatement) one more time just to spite me, at which point Justin talked me out of "accidentally" letting my bowling ball fly toward their head...but they left eventually.

And I blame my record-low score of 57 on their distracting behavior.


Here's me after they left and I was done throwing up in my mouth:

2 comments:

Comments are my love language. Along with Dr. Pepper, pizza, The Office, the color lime green, pumpkin muffies, hot chocolate...But the only one of those that's free is comments! So you're getting off easy if you leave me one (or two or three!)

Funky Chunky Fall